We ship year-round with several options:
With our standard delivery service, orders are processed within 2 business days and shipped Monday through Friday. Orders usually arrive within 4-7 business days to most locations.
For immediate needs, we offer 2nd Day and Overnight delivery. Orders placed by 1pm EST are processed and shipped the same day. (see below for rules and exceptions).
Don't Let It Melt! - Warm Weather Shipping Policies
Tamara’s Treats chocolate requires special handling during the months of May through September, or any time of the year when the weather is warm where your order is being shipped. To assure that your chocolate gifts arrive without melting, chocolate shipments during May through September may require overnight delivery shipping charges as well as cold packs at an additional charge starting at $5.95.
This warm weather shipping policy may also be necessary for chocolate shipments during other times of the year when the weather is warm at the order destination point. In this case, 2nd Day or Overnight delivery charges may apply and will be added to your order.
We will contact you should your shipping rate change before applying it to your order and credit card.
We do not ship to P.O. Boxes.
FREE Local Shipping
Free standard local shipping to Hoboken, Weehawken and Jersey City locations!!
SAME DAY LOCAL DELIVERY
Same Day and Free Local Shipping is available on orders placed before 12pm Monday-Friday. Orders will be delivered by 9pm.
Orders are normally shipped within 2 business days of when the order was placed pending credit card authorization and verification. We ship on Monday through Friday, excluding holidays, and most orders will arrive within 4-7 business days.
Two Day Delivery
Orders are shipped the same day if placed by 1 pm EST, Monday through Friday, excluding holidays, pending credit card authorization and verification, and will arrive in two business days.
Orders are shipped the same day if placed by 1pm EST, Monday through Friday, excluding holidays, pending credit card authorization and verification, and will ship out overnight to arrive the next business day.
Orders placed on Friday will be delivered on Monday.
Alaska, Hawaii, U.S. Territories and Remote Rural Deliveries
Please add 3 additional days for Standard Delivery.
Express deliveries to Alaska, Hawaii, U.S. Territories, Rural Routes and remote locations usually arrive within 4-7 business days after the ship date.
For Alaska, Hawaii and US Territories, add $15 to Standard, 2nd Day and Overnight delivery rates. Unfortunately, we cannot process Saturday deliveries to these locations at this time.
Packages are released without signatures. Please be sure that someone will be expecting the package, as the chocolate treats can melt and we will not be held responsible for any shipping exceptions.
Tamara's Treats will not be held accountable for product shipment failures due to perils of the air, criminal acts of any person(s) or entities, including, but not limited to, acts of terrorism, public authorities acting with actual or apparent authority, authority of law, local disputes, civil commotion, hazards incident to a state of war, local or national weather conditions, national or local disruptions in air or ground transportation networks, strikes or anticipated strikes (of any entity, including, but not limited to, other carriers, vendors or suppliers), and natural disasters (earthquakes, floods and hurricanes are examples of natural disasters).
The following rates are for standard shipments to Contiguous US, excluding Alaska and Hawaii. Shipping rates for all destinations are provided during checkout.
POSTAGE & HANDLING (PER RECIPIENT)
|Candy Value||Standard Ground
|UPS 2nd Day
|UPS Next Day
|UP TO $30.00||$8.95||$14.95||$30.95|
OVER $300.00: For each $30.00 over $300.00 add $4.00 to rates listed.
* For addresses in Hawaii or Alaska, please note $15.00 will be added to the shipping price above.
* Addresses in New Jersey (NJ) will incur a 7% sales tax.
* Free Standard Ground Shipping for orders over $180.00.
For Corporate Gifts, Wholesale and Volume Orders please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Returns and Exchanges
We want you to be completely satisfied!! We offer a 100% money back guarantee. If you don't like the way the chocolate treat you created tastes, send it back to Tamara’s Treats and we'll refund you for that chocolate treat. This never happens so enjoy your chocolate treats!!
Customers are responsible for the shipping costs on all returns. Please use a responsible carrier for your return, one that can provide you with a tracking number. Tamara’s Treats is not responsible for lost or damaged shipments.
We currently cannot accept phone orders, but please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
Frequently Asked Questions
About Tamara’s Treats
- How can I contact you?
- We would love to hear from you!!! Visit our Contact Page, but we'd also love to hear from you on Twitter and Facebook.
- Tell me a little more about standard shipping
- We hand-make your custom Tamara’s Treats in New Jersey. Typically, standard orders are processed and shipped within 2 days and will arrive within 4-7 days.
- How long does it take to create custom Tamara’s Treats?
- This depends on the amount of orders we are processing at any given time. Ideally, we can produce an order in one day. But during holiday seasons, production may take a little bit longer.
- How is my custom Tamara’s Treats chocolate made?
- As soon as your order is placed, we immediately begin to work on your chocolate creation. First, the chocolate must be warmed to the correct temperature. This is essential for the right texture and appearance of the chocolate. Next, the chocolate is mixed with your chosen toppings and then it is poured into trays. The final step in creating your custom treat is cooling. After that, your chocolate is packaged and ready to ship.
- How does shipping work in the hot summer months?
- In warm weather months (May-September), we use special cold packs. This is to ensure that your chocolate makes it to you exactly how you dreamed it would.
- Where do you ship to?
- We currently ship only in the U.S.
- What is your return policy?
- We offer a 100% money back guarantee. If you don't like the way the chocolate treat you created tastes, please send it back to Tamara’s Treats and we'll refund you for that chocolate treat. Contact us with any questions regarding return shipping.
Questions about Chocolate
- Is the chocolate organic or fair trade or both?
- Our chocolate is not organic, but anything is possible so just contact us. Our chocolate is produced fairly and healthfully. However, some of our toppings are organic and we try to offer organic ingredients whenever possible.
- Can I recommend new toppings for your company to use?
- Please do! Just visit our Contact page where you can “suggest a combo” or connect with us on Facebook or Twitter. We will then try out your topping idea!!!! Maybe it will make our treat of the week!
- Is chocolate good for you?
It was recently reported by The National Academy of Sciences that dark chocolate contains flavonoids, the same chemicals like those found in red wine or green tea. Flavonoids are protective antioxidants that can increase blood flow in the brain and may actually improve circulation and cut blood pressure.
One might interpret this to mean that dark chocolate is good for you. Of course, as with all things, moderation is the key. Please check with your doctor for the latest findings.
For most of us, however, chocolate is the ultimate feel-good food and what nicer way is there to feel good than to eat chocolate…especially when it’s made the way you like it!!
- What are the nutritional facts of Tamara’s Treats?
The nutrition facts are unique for each jar of treats. Our chocolate is certified Kosher and Gluten-free. The emulsifiers in our chocolate are derived from vegetable sources.
Dark chocolate has 3g protein, 21g carbohydrates, 14g total fat of which 8g are saturated, and 4g fiber. Milk chocolate has 3g protein, 23g carbohydrates, 13g total fat of which 8g are saturated fat, and 1g fiber. White chocolate has 2g protein, 24g carbohydrates, 13 total fat, of which 8g are saturated, and 0% fiber. For additional information on our toppings please visit our Nutritional Information page.
- How long is Tamara’s Treats chocolate good?
- Chocolate with dried fruit should be consumed within six months. Chocolate treats with all other toppings generally last for at least twelve months. However, if you want the best taste, we recommend you consume your freshly, handmade chocolate treats within the first four weeks.
- Does your chocolate contain traces of nuts?
- Our chocolate is produced in an environment that contains or processes nuts and seeds. Therefore, traces of nuts may always be present in our products. Moreover, our chocolates may contain traces of milk.
- Is your chocolate kosher?
- Our chocolate bases are actually all kosher certified. However, because the toppings are often not certified, it's really difficult to get all possibilities certified.
- Do you offer lactose-free chocolate?
- Our white and milk chocolate unfortunately contain lactose. The dark chocolate is generally free of lactose, although we legally have to warn you that it could contain traces of milk.
- What are the ingredients of the chocolate itself?
Milk Chocolate: Cocoa Mass 32%, (Sugar, Cocoa Butter, Milk, Chocolate Liquor), Pure Vanilla, Soya Lecithin
White Chocolate: Sugar, Cocoa Butter, Milk Powder, Vanilla, Soya Lecithin
Dark Chocolate: Cocoa Mass (65%), Bittersweet Chocolate (Chocolate Liquor processed with Potassium Carbonate, Sugar, Cocoa Butter, Butter Oil), Pure Vanilla, Soya Lecithin
Vegan and Organic chocolate are also available. Please email us at email@example.com for more information.
- How big is each chocolate treat?
- Each chocolate treat is 16oz and packaged adorably in a glass jar!
- Is Tamara’s Treats available for my company?
- Sure! We would love to customize our treats and jars for your company. Just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Is Tamara’s Treats available for my store?
- Why not? For more information, please email us at email@example.com.
- Is Tamara’s Treats available for my wedding?
- Yes!! We have discounts if you order more than 20 jars, and there are additional customization options for jar sizes, fabric and hang tags. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- What payment methods do you accept?
- We accept credit card payments (via PayPal). That means you can pay with your PayPal, but also with MasterCard, Visa, American Express and Discover.
- What if I don't like a treat I made?
- We offer a 100% money back guarantee. If you don't like the way your chocolate treat tastes, send it back to us and we'll refund you for that treat.
If you have any questions, please contact us...
P.O. Box 3418
Hoboken, NJ 07030